Labels

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pasta with brussels sprouts, sage, and butter

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
– Confucius



In the midst of a busy work week, I often lose sight of anything else.  My time becomes consumed with patient calls and catching up paperwork.  The focus becomes five o'clock on Friday.

I found some midweek relief in making this dinner.  We made pasta from scratch with some simple sauteed vegetables.  This is not life changing, I know.   What I valued more was the simplicity in making it.  Spending time in the kitchen with someone I love is the best way to calm my mind.  My boyfriend and I split the tasks without needing to talk.  The silence is filled with music from our favorite dinner guest: Frank Sinatra.  Or worse, I sing along. 

I need more of these moments especially when they are followed by a tremendously delicious dinner.  I will post the pasta recipe soon!

-Truffles
                                                

Sage Butter Pasta from Sprout and Pea


Ingredients:

  • Pasta
  • 6 tbsp butter
  • 1 large shallot, diced
  • 1 cup brussels sprouts chopped thin (like confetti)
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)
*We remade this a second time.  I wanted more veggies with my pasta.  My preferred ingredients would look like this:
  • Pasta
  • 8 tbsp butter
  • 1 cup shallots, chopped thin
  • 2 cups brussels sprouts, chopped thin
  • 2 tbsp sage

Directions:


Boil pasta once you start the cooking the vegetables.
Melt butter in saucepan.  Add shallots, saute until tender.  Add brussels sprouts and sage.  Cook on medium heat until brussels sprouts are soft.
Mix together with drained pasta.  Sprinkle Parmesan on top if desired.   Then, enjoy this easy, extremely flavorful dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment